Monday, September 24, 2007

Offense Shines for 3 quarters Saturday

Rudy Carpenter: This guy gave one of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen. He had zip on his passes, he was scrambling out of the pocket very well to find receivers, and even when he fumbled, he picked the ball up and hit Tyrice Thompson for a big gain. It was a Playstation type performance...you know on NCAA '08 where our offensive line gives Rudy no time so you have to use the fact that he's got decent speed on the game to get out of the pocket and find Mike Jones open. 25 for 36, 361 yards, 4 td's, 1 pick early on. Can be more efficient in the next few weeks, but pretty amazing stats for a guy who had to do too much work outside of the pocket. I haven't been this impressed with him since he torched the scout team defense in the scrimmage the day before Kellergate. Oh, and he said "Fuck" live on KTAR during his postgame interview. As a former technical director at a sports radio station, that just makes me chuckle. Good for Rudy, I'm officially a fan of our QB.

Ryan Torain: How in the world did Dirk pick you out of Shawnee Mission, Kansas, and convince you to play for Arizona State. 3 touchdowns, 2 of those receiving. Where can I find a #26 jersey?

Michael Jones: 4 receptions for 124 yards and 2 TD's. Gives him 5 TD's through 4 games. And he's not our only weapon.

And on a side note, I hope I never have to mention this name again: JASON PERKINS. Please do your job, I don't want to waste any more effort covering the long snapper position.

Game is at Stanford on Saturday. I predict a -18 line for the Devils on the road.

No comments: